The Harney View Log Cabin offers a spectacular view of the highest point in the Black Hills, Black Elk Peak (formerly Harney Peak) at 7,242 feet in elevation. The cabin is three miles west of Hill City on the old Burlington Tract mining claim. Guests can step back in time while exploring the original miners shack still located on the property. The original owner claimed to have found gold on the property and spent the remainder of his life seeking his fortune. The Mickelson Trail is accessible from the cabin it is a 109 mile long trail that contains more than 100 converted railroad bridges and 4 rock tunnels. The trail surface is primarily crushed limestone and gravel.
Harney View Cabin has a master bedroom with queen bed and bath, a second bedroom with a full bed, a third bedroom with queen bed. The cabin has two additional bathrooms a half bath and another full bath with tub/shower. The kitchen is stocked with the basics for cooking, and a gas grill on the covered patio. The dining area has a table with 8 chairs. The living room has 2 recliners,full size sofa and love seat.
There are 4 outdoor chairs, a table with 6 chairs and a picnic table.
The cabin is truly a home away from home with spectacular amenities including WIFI, laundry facilities, paved road, shampoo and bath soaps, and air conditioning.
• West of Hill City on the Mickelson Trail
• 3 bedrooms
• 2.5 bathrooms
• Air Conditioning , Linens Provided , Heating , Combination Tub Shower , Queen Bed , Sleep Sofa or Futon , Hair Dryer Playpen , Outdoor Furniture , Towels Provided , Laundry Soap , Paper Towels , Ceiling Fans , Shampoo , Soaps Basic , Toilet Paper, One level
• Mickelson Trail, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, Black Hills Natioanl Forests, Museums, Caves, Deadwood
• Dining Area Table with 8 chairs , Highchair
• TV Satellite
• Wireless Internet
• Microwave , Stove , Refrigerator , Iron , Ironing Board , Oven , Washing Machine , Cooking Utensils , Clothes Dryer , Toaster , Coffee Maker , Dishwasher
• Shopping , Hunting Big Game , Live Theater , Hunting Small Game , Hiking
• 2 recliners, full size sofa and love seat
• Golf , Boating , Mountain Biking , Adventure Packages , Snowmobile Trails , Streams Nearby , ATV Trails , Skiing , Cycling , Biking , Water Skiing , Antiquing , Ski Slopes , Snowshoeing , Snowmobiling , State or National Park , Fishing , Cross Country Ski Trails , Hunting , Horseback Riding , Historic Area
Nearby Attraction or Facility:
• Restaurants , Wineries and Vineyards , Scenic Drives
• Patio , Deck , Parking , Outdoor Grill Gas
• No Smoking , No Pets , Minimum Age for Renters is 25
• Paaved road to cabin. Parking are with room for trailers
Types of Vacations:
• Tourist Attractions , Family Friendly , Adventure , Historic , Budget